January 5, 2010 Posted by Bruce Temkin
The best time to plant a tree is twenty years ago. The second best time is now.
While most executives think customer experience is important, many companies haven’t treated it strategically. That lack of attention will become a serious competitive problem as more companies expand their efforts.
- We shall put in place a robust voice of the customer program
- We shall stop playing with social media and put it to good use
- We shall treat customer service as a loyalty-driver, not a cost center
- We shall go beyond just fixing problems and inspire brand promoters
- We shall establish clarity in our brand, internally and externally
- We shall identify a senior executive to lead the transformation effort
- We shall help new customers get value from us faster and easier
- We shall improve the usability of all self-service interactions
- We shall communicate more clearly with customers across all channels
- We shall make our culture more customer-centric
The bottom line: Put customer experience on the top of your 2010 agenda!
Related articles by Zemanta
- Customer or Consumer, Who are You really Designing for? (designsojourn.com)