Found at http://www.futurelab.net/blogs/marketing-strategy-innovation/2009/12/best_business_books_2009.html?utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=feed&utm_campaign=Feed%3A+Futurelab+%28Futurelab%27s+Blog%29
by John Caddell on 13 December, 2009 – 20:58
In the wake of the worst US economic catastrophe since the Great Depression, everybody realized this: Making money is harder than we thought. So, this year, books on innovation had special resonance. Luckily, there were some great ones out there. So many, in fact, that this year’s best-of list includes two “companion volumes”–other good books from this year that cover similar material from another perspective.
These are the best books I read this year:
1. Design-Driven Innovation – Roberto Verganti. A fascinating book that looks at companies that don’t merely create new products, but develop products and services that create new meaning for customers. Is that important? Well, companies that do it well avoid commoditization and generate outsized profits for long periods of time. Think Apple.
To be continued at http://www.futurelab.net/blogs/marketing-strategy-innovation/2009/12/best_business_books_2009.html?utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=feed&utm_campaign=Feed%3A+Futurelab+%28Futurelab%27s+Blog%29
Related articles by Zemanta
- Listening to Shop Talk Podcast: Roberto Verganti on his excellent “Design-Driven Innovation” (fredzimny.wordpress.com)
- Check out design thinkers: Tim Leberecht’s The Customer Isn’t A Human Being (fredzimny.wordpress.com)
- Another review of Roberto Verganti’s Design driven innovation Near Future Laboratory (fredzimny.wordpress.com)
- Recommending Matthew E May’s: A Design Thinker’s Reading List (fredzimny.wordpress.com)
- Design Driven Innovation (about Robert Verganti’s book) (fredzimny.wordpress.com)
- WSJ.com Book Reviews: Change by Design, A Fine Line and Design-Driven Innovation (fredzimny.wordpress.com)
- Wave examples Google´s drive to Design Driven Innovation (fredzimny.wordpress.com)
- John Caddell’s Reading Journal: Morten Hansen’s “Collaboration” (book review) (fredzimny.wordpress.com)
- The Beauty of Collaboration (chrisbrogan.com)