The above video is one of my favorite presentations I’ve seen in 2009, an opening keynote from Tim Ferriss at the last San Francisco WordCamp, titled “How to Blog without Killing Yourself”. More than 700 people from 32 countries were in attendance, which made for a wonderful experience.
The original title was “Scalable Blogging Behaviors: How to Grow from 1 to 1,000,000 Readers” and the content did not change.
In the above presentation, including detailed screenshots, Tim covers
– Why he blog
– How to blog and select best practices
– Frequency and tools — best times and days to post
– Blogging myths and how to harness data for better results
– Testing design and surprising findings that can be copied
– How Tim addresses comments and community building
– How Tim writes and research for good social media response
– 20 minutes of audience Q&A on Twitter, branding, outsourcing, and much more
I hope you enjoy it as much as I enjoyed watchingt.
Related articles by Zemanta
- How to Build a High-Traffic Blog Without Killing Yourself by Tim Ferriss (casesblog.blogspot.com)
- What it Takes to Get Somewhere (myventurepad.com)