For the reasons read this found item. It is all about constructing an environment and connecting to it. And the way you act is up to you!
Found at http://www.businessinsider.com/why-i-hate-social-media-2009-6 by Matt Jones 20/06/2009
Why I Hate Social Media
At the risk of being branded a heretic or perhaps just being shown the door by my agency HR director, I have to say it: I hate social media. Why? Because it’s just media. And since when was media ever interesting?
People are interesting. Ideas are interesting. Stories are interesting. Real stuff is interesting. Brands are interesting (or, at least, some of them are). Even ads can be interesting. But media? Media just connects those things. It’s a conduit. Media is not interesting. Not even the “social” kind.
Far from being interesting (unless you enjoy following mutually referencing bloggers who blog about blogging), social media is just an excuse. It is, to be specific, the old marketing industry’s latest excuse to waste more money on bad ideas and lazy thinking.
So let’s ignore it. Let’s get really radical and stop trying to keep marketing 1.0 thinking alive with Web 2.0
Related articles by Zemanta
- From social media to social business design: the medium is the message (fredzimny.wordpress.com)
- Has Web 2.0 Made You Happier? [part II] (conversationagent.com)
- Will social media kill off the intranet in years to come? (fredzimny.wordpress.com)
- Predicting use of Social Media in Business till 2013 (fredzimny.wordpress.com)
- Open innovation context: connecting structure and culture (fredzimny.wordpress.com)
- As Social Technologies Become Pervasive, Prepare Your Company (fredzimny.wordpress.com)