Title changed. Nice read to reflect to work under integrated or isolated conditions. Working under an umbrella and 2.0 seems for me to be less effective on an organization level. And even lesser effective on a personal or professional level.
Source: http://blog.futurelab.net/2009/05/is_your_organization_an_umbrel.html by David Darmano
Was having a conversation with a colleague recently when it struck me that organizations are facing some interesting new challenges when it comes to how they operate at a cultural level and how this manifests outside the walls of the entity.
I got to thinking about two very simple ways of looking at this:
Related articles by Zemanta
- Bridging analytic and managerial cultures, Part 2 (fastforwardblog.com)
- Facilitating Innovation: Establishing an Environment of Possibilities (cazh1.com)
- Dana VanDen Heuvel: Thought Leadership Alone Is Not Enough (mpdailyfix.com)
- Corporate Ethics Isn’t About Rules; It’s About Honesty (blogs.harvardbusiness.org)
- Evaluate How You Fit Your Company Culture (blogs.harvardbusiness.org)