Found this post at http://www.bizzia.com/articles/jhobbie. And i really the wordplay but even more the concept
Jhobbie: Something created when a Boomer turns his/her hobby into a job. The jhobbie brings in some supplementary income and gives the Boomer an excuse to follow his bliss. What hobbies do you have that you can turn into a business? Despite the economy people are starting businesses every day. As a Baby Boomer, you might want to consider becoming an entrepreneur if you can’t find a job in this market.
How do you take a hobby and turn it into a Jhobbie?
1. Do some research on your potential business
2. Identify potential customers
3. If startup cash is limited, Identify ways you can start your business on a shoestring budget – it can be done
4. Write a business plan so that you have clear vision for your business
5. Network, Network, Network with other entrepreneurs
6. Order business cards
7. Get your business incorporated
8. Start selling your product
9. Talk about your new business venture with others
10. Get creative and have fun!
These are 10 steps to help you get started and move from concept or hobby to generating an income. There are so many other things you need to take care of if you are serious about starting your own business. Don’t hung up on the economy. You can make your business work if you make the commitment to go after you business. If you believe you cant’ you’re right. But the converse is equally correct. If you think you can, you’re right again. Go for it, and come back and share your Jhobbie with me and the others here at bizzia.com.
Note: Carol Perry, with AWA Wealth Management in Nevada, has compiled a number of neologisms (a newly invented word or phrase) for the Nevada Appeal, Jhobbie is one of those neologisms.